Self-Study- Ever feel burnout? Energy depletion? Learn ways to care for yourself as much as you care for others for the benefit of you as well as those you serve. 7 Credits
Self Study 7 credits
The Art of Self-Health is a course designed to teach healthcare professionals how to care for themselves as much as they care for others. Participants in this course are encouraged to stop giving all of their energy away to others, and give some back to themselves. This helps the professional, and it helps the clients served.
Unfortunately, many professionals in the health care industry experience burn out. The creativity, love and compassion that was the catalyst for entering the health care field has been replaced by simply “going through the motions” while meeting the ever increasing demands of employers, insurers, patients, and case managers. The caring desire to help others is often replaced by an experience of energy depletion.
Upon completion of this course, the participant will be able to:
- Recognize and acknowledge personal symptoms of imbalance in seven dimensions of well being and seven psycho-emotional energy centers of the body.
- Integrate and benefit from the knowledge and skills that support The Art of Self-Health.
- Understand and assimilate experiences that will help you guide those whom you serve into improved health and balance
- Facilitate a personal process of conscious awareness and appreciation for the messages of illness and dis-ease within yourself and others.
- Understand and integrate Eastern practices and philosophy with conventional healing practices.
This 50 page written course is supported by diagrams, photographs and instructions of body movements, guided imagery and worksheets for self-reflection and development.
The course is followed by 20 study questions for assessment of learning and understanding.
CBMT Domain Areas:
I.B. 3. c,e,f,g,h
I.B. 4. K
I.C. 2, 3
II.A. 1. a,b,c,d,e,f,
The Art of Self-Health for Healthcare Professionals is approved by the Certification Board for Music Therapists (CBMT) for 7 CMTEs-Continuing Music Therapy Education credits. Credits awarded by CBMT are accepted by the National Board for Certified Counselors (NBCC). The Spiegel Academy, CBMT Approved Provider #P-106, maintains responsibility for program quality and adherence to CBMT policies and criteria.