Self Study Class
Explore the keys to developing and delivering a message that stands out from the crowd and grows your influence in your field. Have an opportunity to practice crafting and presenting your 30 second commercial and a short 20-30 minute presentation for the group of your choice. Leave feeling more comfortable in front of an audience and equipped with the knowledge to:
- Learn the skills to create a real emotional connection with your audience and sell your message
- Learn how to make a powerful impact on your audience through understanding body language and vocal technique
- Learn the key elements to include in your presentation.
- Learn when to go off script, gain the respect of your audience, and deliver the message that you intuitively know is needed in the moment
- Learn the top 6 tips to inspire everyone you talk to about music therapy to be so inspired they pass on the word to their friends.
- Learn the key elements of a 30 second commercial and how to deliver it.
What people are saying:
“I can now take the outline that I designed and use it to present at many of my work sites to raise more awareness about music therapy.”
“Everything about this class was positive. Very motivating. She gave lots of amazing information.”
” I learned how to engage an audience into my presentation through music, storytelling, buzz ideas, etc. And I was able to work on my anxiety/stress/nerves that come with presenting in front of large groups of people. I was able to take away techniques that I could use in every day situations to help cope with my anxiety during public speaking.” Hilary A.F.
” I like that Sally covered topics related to public speaking and not just the presentation itself (ex. breathing, posture, hand position, etc.).” Katie Z.M.
” I think I just have so much that I want to share about Music Therapy that I get myself frustrated with what I have time for. Sally’s framework for presenting really helped me put a leash on it.” Katie Z.M.
Name one way to create an emotional connection with your audience
Describe how to make a powerful impact on your audience through body language and vocal technique
Describe one instance where it would be wise to go off script and deliver the message that you intuitively know is needed in the moment
Name one tip to create a positive buzz in your field and have other people marketing for you
CBMT Scope of Practice Area(s)
: II. A (1a) ,II. A (2u) ,II. A (2ai), IV.B (17)
Tips for a Top Notch Presentation & a 30 Second Commercial that Rocks! is approved by the Certification Board for Music Therapists (CBMT) for 5 CMTEs-Continuing Music Therapy Education credits.. Deborah Spiegel MT-BC, CBMT Approved Provider #P-106, maintains responsibility for program quality and adherence to CBMT policies and criteria.