DBT in Music Therapy Consultation Group
$29.00 / month for 12 month
Ready to take steps towards integrating DBT further into your music therapy practice?
- New to working with DBT? Not ready to dive into the full DBT Informed Music Therapy Program? This is a good place to start ** (Read prerequisites below).
- Already use DBT in your practice? Already completed the DBT Informed Music Therapy training? This is a great way to stay connected, keep learning, and have a community of support for the incredibly valuable work that you do!
What You’ll Get:
- Join a small and confidential community of music therapists who are implementing DBT skills through music therapy
- Have a safe place to share how you are using DBT skills in your own life. Be a role model for your clients.
- Refresh your knowledge of each skill through the handouts and worksheets and group discussions.
- Learn music therapy intervention ideas/share ideas with your fellow group members.
- You can ask the group for feedback on client issues, and can get your questions answered as they relate to DBT in music therapy.
Nuts and Bolts:
- We meet online in a live webinar once a month for an hour. We meet on the 2nd Sunday of each month at 4:30 Pacific, 5:30 Mountain, 6:30 Central, 7:30 Eastern.
- Meetings are recorded so if you miss one you can still watch it. You’ll have access to recordings for the year.
- Includes a private Facebook forum.
- Attend 10 times to earn 12 CMTE credits
- We highly recommend that you take or have already completed the class called DBT: Practical Life Skills Reinforced through Music Therapy so you have some background in DBT skills and how to implement them with music therapy.
- Or, perhaps you already work in a DBT facility and have been using DBT with MT.
- At the very least, purchase the book DBT Skills Training Manual by Marsha Linehan (the blue book) and read it.