Ethics and Standards of Professional Practice (5 credits)
Self Study Class- Meet your ethics requirement.
The primary mission of music therapists is to help their clients. The desire to do so with integrity and in compliance with the AMTA code of Ethics and Standards of practice makes this class an absolute necessity.
In this class you will gain knowledge that will help you protect yourself and your clients form unintended harm. It will also increase your awareness of ways to tune up your practice.
Sally makes this class easy, informative, thought provoking and fun.
In addition to watching the four videos, you will create improvement plans that will assist you in maintaining a music therapy practice of high quality.
Here’s What People are Saying:
“Great points were brought up to revive this love of music therapy in me. I will definitely be giving an in-service at my current job. And the love of education has been revived in me, so I will continue seeking education, such as music lessons and CMTEs. I am also going to make more time for self ” Erin C
“This class reminds MTs to take their practice to the next level and always strive to be the best therapist they can be not limited to ethics and high standards of practice.” E.S.
“I not only learned a lot, but it wasn’t drudgery!!!” K.K.
“This class is a good reminder and refresher of the scope of practice and ethics by which we should not only practice, but “set ourselves up for success” with the right documentation and knowledge on hand. Self-paced study was convenient and the documentation examples were great to get some drafts on hand to fine-tune for specific populations or jobs in the future” . E.S.
- Review and understand the principles outlined in the AMTA Code of Ethics and its application in clinical practice.
- Review and understand the AMTA Standards of Professional Practice.
- Understand how the AMTA Code of Ethics and the AMTA Standards of Practice relate to CBMT Domain areas..
- Learn how to guard against potential pitfalls in areas such as the therapeutic relationship, obligation to the profession, confidentiality, record-keeping, competence and integrity, financial relationships and advertising.
- Discover how to create the proper documentation and assessment forms to maintain a high level professional music therapy practice.
You can take the class at your own pace.
CBMT Domain Areas:
(B12) Adhere to the CBMT Code of Professional Practice
(B13) Fulfill legal responsibilities associated with professional role
(B14) Practice within scope of education, training, and abilities.
III. 7 Provide written documentation that demonstrates evidence- based outcomes related to addressed goals/interventions.
Ethics and Standards of Professional Practice is approved by the Certification Board for Music Therapists (CBMT) for 5 CMTEs-Continuing Music Therapy Education credits. The Spiegel Academy, CBMT Approved Provider #P-106, maintains responsibility for program quality and adherence to CBMT policies and criteria.