DBT Skills Mastery through Music: The DBT in MT Resource Hub
21 approved CMTEs
Get ready to Enrich your Repertoire of Professional and Personal Growth Tools, Earn Respect of Colleagues, and Get Lasting Results with Clients!
Become an exclusive member of the
DBT in Music Therapy Resource Hub!
A Membership for Music Therapists using DBT in their practice (or learning to)
Whether you’re involved in a DBT program already
or are just beginning to integrate DBT into your practice…
Take the next step towards personal and professional development!
Develop your toolkit of DBT’s practical life-enhancing skills in the areas of mindfulness, distress tolerance, emotion regulation, and interpersonal effectiveness so that you can support your clients with–
- Emotion management
- Decision making
- Getting through difficult times
- Enhanced relationships
- Impulse control
- and building a brighter future
Become more familiar with the DBT skills and use them to cope through difficult situations in your own life, becoming a role model for those around you.
Get music therapy interventions, session plans, and ready-made materials to strengthen each of the skills.
Mastermind with professional peers regarding your personal use of DBT skills, understanding of skills, and use of the DBT skills in your practice. Consultation group deepens the use of skills through sharing of ideas, applications, successes and challenges. Delve into skills you want to know more about and have tidbits to share.
PLUS…Earn 21 CMTEs!
What is DBT?
Dialectical Behavior Therapy (DBT), created by Dr. Marsha Linehan, is an effective evidence-based treatment model using skills training to “change behavioral, emotional, thinking, and interpersonal patterns associated with problems in living”. (Linehan 2015) Originally known for its effectiveness in working with patients with borderline personality disorder, DBT has now been shown to be beneficial for numerous populations and settings.
Reinforcing the skills for mindfulness, distress tolerance, emotion regulation, and interpersonal effectiveness through music therapy can support your patients/clients who are involved in a DBT program as well as those who are not.
How DBT in Music Therapy Resource Hub Works
New to DBT?
Get readymade interventions, specially designed for each DBT skill, dripped out one skill at a time weekly, on Mondays, with extra time for implementation, and skill review. Ask questions and share experiences with professional peers in our monthly consultation group for music therapists.
Experienced in DBT?
Get all access to a library of readymade interventions, specially designed for each DBT skill, Ask questions and share experiences with professional peers in our monthly consultation group for music therapists.
Clear & concise videos demonstrate songs, activities, and how to apply them to the skills. Download and print instructions, handouts, etc. Review the skill and use it.
Make a Difference
Integrate DBT’s practical life changing skills into your practice and your life. Watch clients learn to make wise choices as they implement the skills into their lives.
What am I going to find on the inside?
- 1 year (renewable) membership
- You get original music therapy based materials and experiences designed specially for strengthening each DBT skill .
- Music therapy interventions will be released weekly, with one skill focus per week for those new to DBT
- Those experienced in DBT will have all access to a library of interventions for each skill
- Designed by qualified DBT informed board certified music therapists
- We show you how to facilitate each intervention so it’s easy to use as is, or can trigger your own variations
- Recordings and materials are 5-15 minutes long or less to easily fit your schedule
- Multiple learning styles considered- choose your preference of video, audio, handouts, and/or live zoom meetings.
- Resource library -As it evolves new topics will be added, allowing you to be able to grab something on the topic of your choice, and utilize it with your clients.
- Monthly consultation team for music therapists to mastermind
- Price is locked in. When membership fees go up in the future, you get to keep this low special price as long as you are a member.
What Members are Saying
Deborah Spiegel MT-BC
Bailey Hinz MA, MT-BC
Stehpen King MT-BC
Alice Browne MT-BC
We are a group of Board Certified Music Therapists who have completed Behavioral Tech’s DBT Skills Training Program, as well as an in-depth year long DBT informed Music Therapy program that includes 11 months of clinical supervision from a DBT-Linehan Board of Certification Certified PsyD clinician. We all have experience facilitating DBT informed music therapy groups, and are often found co-leading groups with psychologists, social workers, and other DBT skills group leaders.
- Study DBT skills weekly and apply one new DBT skill related idea per month to your practice as evidenced by written post describing what you did and how it supported your client(s)
- Apply at least one DBT skill to your personal life monthly as evidenced by posting or sharing in the monthly consultation group meeting.
- Create at least one new music therapy intervention for each of the DBT skills modules and share it in the forum
CBMT Domain Areas:
IIIA.2 Implementation- Provide individualized music therapy experiences to address client’s…(b,c,e,g,h,i,j,k,l,o,p,q,r,s,u,w,x,y,ztt,ddd,)
IIIA.3 Recognize how DBT theoretical framework inform music therapy practice: (a,c)
IIIA.4. Utilize music therapy approaches to inform clinical practice (a,)
IIIA.5 to achieve therapeutic goals: (a,b,c,d,e,f,g,i,j, k,l,m,n,o,p,q,r,s,t,u,v,w,x,y,z,aa,dd,ee,ff,gg,hh)
One new skill will be released every other week for study and for implementation in a self-study format. Post at least once a month describing how you implemented the skills of the month. (1 hour/month minimum to earn credits) An hour long consultation group will occur monthly. Attend at least 6 hours of the consultation group to earn credits. Consultation group meets on the last Monday of each month at 8 Eastern, 7 Central, 6 Mountain, 5 Pacific. Total time 18 clock hours during the yearlong membership to earn 21 CMTE credits. (Note that if you already know DBT you can have all access instead of receiving one lesson at a time. Let us know.)
CLICK BELOW – GET STARTED
52 weeks of music therapy inspired interventions, an ever growing resource library,
a monthly consultation group/mastermind group, and 21 CMTEs
is valued at well over $1000
for only $47/month
for 12 months
one single payment of $497
with option to renew at the same rate for as long as you’re a member
DBT Skills Mastery through Music: the DBT in Music Therapy Resource Hub is approved by the Certification Board for Music Therapists (CBMT) for 21 CMTEs-Continuing Music Therapy Education credits. The Spiegel Academy, CBMT Approved Provider #P-106, maintains responsibility for program quality and adherence to CBMT policies and criteria.