DBT in Music Therapy Club
in Music Therapy
Whether you’re involved in a DBT program already
or are just beginning to integrate DBT into your practice…
This is your next step to grow personally & professionally.
Get ready to:
- Enrich your arsenal of professional and personal growth tools
- Get lasting results with clients through DBT’s practical life skills.
- Gain a deepening understanding of the DBT skills
- Grow your kit of music therapy tools you can put into practice to take you the next step on your journey
- Earn respect of colleagues
Develop your toolkit of DBT’s practical life-enhancing skills in the areas of mindfulness, distress tolerance, emotion regulation, and interpersonal effectiveness so that you can support your clients with–
- Emotion management
- Decision making
- Getting through difficult times
- Enhanced relationships
- Impulse control
- and building a brighter future
Earn 21 CMTE credits
What is DBT?
Dialectical Behavior Therapy (DBT), created by Dr. Marsha Linehan, is an effective evidence-based treatment model using skills training to “change behavioral, emotional, thinking, and interpersonal patterns associated with problems in living”. (Linehan 2015) Originally known for its effectiveness in working with patients with borderline personality disorder, DBT has now been shown to be beneficial for numerous populations and settings.
Reinforcing the skills for mindfulness, distress tolerance, emotion regulation, and interpersonal effectiveness through music therapy can support your patients/clients who are involved in a DBT program as well as those who are not.
How the DBT in Music Therapy Club Works
DBT skills and MT session materials …
Get readymade MT interventions, specially designed for each DBT skill, dripped out one skill at a time, with extra time for implementation, and skill review. Ask questions and share experiences with professional peers in a private community forum. (it’s NOT on Facebook)
Clear & concise videos demonstrate songs, activities, and how to apply them to the featured skill . Download and print instructions, handouts, etc. Review the featured skill and use it for your clients and yourself.
Make a Difference
Integrate DBT’s practical life changing skills into your practice. Watch clients learn to make wise choices as they implement the skills into their lives.
CLICK BELOW- GET STARTED
What am I going to find on the inside?
- 1 year (renewable) membership
- You get original music therapy materials and experiences designed specially for strengthening each DBT skill .
- Music therapy interventions will be released weekly, with one skill focus at a time, and time to implement what you learn
- Designed by qualified DBT informed board certified music therapists
- We show you how to facilitate each intervention so it’s easy to use as is, or can trigger your own variations
- Recordings and materials easily fit your schedule
- Multiple learning styles considered- choose your preference of video, audio, handouts, and/or live zoom meetings.
- Resource library -As it evolves new topics will be added, allowing you to be able to grab something on the topic of your choice, and utilize it with your clients.
- Monthly consultation team zoom meetings for gold level members where music therapists can mastermind
- Price is locked in. When membership fees go up in the future, you get to keep this low special price as long as you are a member.
What Our Members are Saying
CLICK BELOW- GET STARTED
This is facilitated by Deborah Spiegel MT-BC, Stehpen King MT-BC, Bailey Hinz MA, MT-BC, and Alice Brown MT-BC. Consultation group is also facilitated by Suzanne Makary MT-BC
We are a group of Board Certified Music Therapists who have completed Behavioral Tech’s DBT Skills Training Program, as well as an in-depth year long DBT informed Music Therapy program that includes 11 months of clinical supervision from a DBT-Linehan Board of Certification Certified PsyD clinician. We all have experience facilitating DBT informed music therapy groups, and are often found co-leading groups with psychologists, social workers, and other DBT skills group leaders.
- Study DBT skills weekly and apply one new DBT skill related idea per month to your practice as evidenced by written post describing what you did and how it supported your client(s)
- Apply at least one DBT skill to your personal life monthly as evidenced by posting or sharing in the monthly consultation group meeting.
- Create at least one new music therapy intervention for each of the DBT skills modules and share it in the forum
CBMT Domain Areas:
IIIA.2 Implementation- Provide individualized music therapy experiences to address client’s…(b,c,e,g,h,i,j,k,l,o,p,q,r,s,u,w,x,y,ztt,ddd,)
IIIA.3 Recognize how DBT theoretical framework inform music therapy practice: (a,c)
IIIA.4. Utilize music therapy approaches to inform clinical practice (a,)
IIIA.5 to achieve therapeutic goals: (a,b,c,d,e,f,g,i,j, k,l,m,n,o,p,q,r,s,t,u,v,w,x,y,z,aa,dd,ee,ff,gg,hh)
One new skill will be released every other week for study and for implementation. Post at least once a month describing how you implemented the skills of the month. (1 hour/month minimum to earn credits) An hour long consultation group will occur monthly. Attend at least 6 hours of the consultation group to earn credits. Consultation group meets on the last Monday of each month at 8 Eastern, 7 Central, 6 Mountain, 5 Pacific. (Note: consultation group is only available to gold level members) Total time 18 clock hours during the yearlong membership to earn 21 CMTE credits.
- music therapy interventions for strengthening specific DBT skills
- an ever growing resource library
- one featured DBT skill at a time for deepened understanding
- implementation suggestions
- a monthly consultation group/mastermind group meeting on zoom
- an online community of professional peers in a private forum
- and 21 CMTEs
All of this is valued at over $997.
or 12 monthly payments of $47
Join now to enjoy this special pricing,
and keep this low price for as long as you are a member.
DBT in Music Therapy Club is approved by the Certification Board for Music Therapists (CBMT) for 21 CMTEs-Continuing Music Therapy Education credits. The Spiegel Academy, CBMT Approved Provider #P-106, maintains responsibility for program quality and adherence to CBMT policies and criteria.