Build a Therapeutic Relationship: Attuning and Self-Regulation for Therapist and Client (5 credits)
Self-study-How to take care of yourself, so you can connect with your clients with authenticity. Self soothe, self regulate. Build empathy and connection. Fill your toolbox to be your best. 5 credits
$46.00 – $125.00
Self Study class
For any type of therapy to be successful, the therapist has to be authentic, present, regulated and attuned. This is not an easy job! In this class you will have an opportunity to experience how different tools work to become the best you can be. We will practice strategies for self-regulation, and learn how to create authentic connections with your clients. You will leave with tons of tools to use…both musical and non-musical strategies. You too can have the keys to regulate your emotions and be authentically present with your clients no matter what the situation.
- Learn to connect with your clients in a way that helps them connect to themselves.
- Explore ways to build a therapeutic relationship so that healing can begin.
- Fill your toolbox to be your best.
Learn how to attune with your clients and help them self-regulate by being in touch with your authentic self and regulating your own nervous system.
Here’s What People are Saying:
“I will absolutely present some of the active exercises to my clients, as well as for my staff in an inservice. It is so important for employees to remember that they are important, and I would love to see them be able to remind themselves of this.”
“I can use most of what I learned in my group relaxation and music skills groups. I have been using self-regulation tools since the completion of this training and have noticed a difference in my sense of groundedness in my sessions with clients.”
“The course and strategies that I leaned from this class reinforced positive inner changes and feeling of accomplishment physically, emotionally, and cognitively.”
1. Be able to define what “attunement” and “presence” means when working with clients. Demonstrate your ability to attune and be present in the class setting. Notice what stops you and be able to trouble shoot how to make
changes on the spot…share with group.
2. Practice in class 3 strategies to self-regulate before and and after working with clients.
3. Practice in class 3 ways to manage your own feelings, center yourself, and be present for each client, no matter how difficult.
CBMT Domain Areas:
A (1) Develop a therapeutic relationship by: (1a) Building trust and rapport. (a) being fully present and authentic, (b) recognizing and managing aspects of one’s own feelings and behaviors that affect the therapeutic process
Making Connections through Music is approved by the Certification Board for Music Therapists (CBMT) for 5 CMTEs-Continuing Music Therapy Education credits.. The Spiegel Academy, CBMT Approved Provider #P-106, maintains responsibility for program quality and adherence to CBMT policies and criteria.