Build a Therapeutic Relationship: Attuning and Self-Regulation for Therapist and Client (5 CMTEs, 4.5 LCAT contact hours)
Self-study-How to take care of yourself, so you can connect with your clients with authenticity. Self soothe, self regulate. Build empathy and connection. Fill your toolbox to be your best. 5 CMTEs, 4.5 contact hours
Self Study class
For any type of therapy to be successful, the therapist has to be authentic, present, regulated and attuned. This is not an easy job! In this class you will have an opportunity to experience how different tools work to become the best you can be. We will practice strategies for self-regulation, and learn how to create authentic connections with your clients. You will leave with tons of tools to use…both musical and non-musical strategies. You too can have the keys to regulate your emotions and be authentically present with your clients no matter what the situation.
- Learn to connect with your clients in a way that helps them connect to themselves.
- Explore ways to build a therapeutic relationship so that healing can begin.
- Fill your toolbox to be your best.
Learn how to attune with your clients and help them self-regulate by being in touch with your authentic self and regulating your own nervous system.
Here’s What People are Saying:
“I will absolutely present some of the active exercises to my clients, as well as for my staff in an inservice. It is so important for employees to remember that they are important, and I would love to see them be able to remind themselves of this.”
“I can use most of what I learned in my group relaxation and music skills groups. I have been using self-regulation tools since the completion of this training and have noticed a difference in my sense of groundedness in my sessions with clients.”
“The course and strategies that I leaned from this class reinforced positive inner changes and feeling of accomplishment physically, emotionally, and cognitively.”
- Participants will be able to name the principles of SMART goals to establish music therapy goals and objectives.
- Participants will be able to create at least 1 goal or objective based on information gathered during an assessment.
- Participants will be able to state the difference between a goal and an objective.
- Participants will be able to identify at least 2 needs during a music therapy sessions to use when evaluating and adapting goals and objectives for therapy as needed.
CBMT Domain Areas:
Develop a therapeutic relationship by: a. being fully present, authentic, and respectful, b. building trust and rapport, and f. recognizing and managing aspects of one’s own professional and personal biases, feelings, and behaviors that affect the therapeutic process (e.g., transference and counter-transference). (III.A.1.a,b,f)
Making Connections through Music is approved by the Certification Board for Music Therapists (CBMT) for 5 CMTEs-Continuing Music Therapy Education credits.. The Spiegel Academy, CBMT Approved Provider #P-106, maintains responsibility for program quality and adherence to CBMT policies and criteria.
Water & Stone, A Creative Arts Therapy PLLC is recognized by the New York State Education Department’s State Board for Mental Health Practitioners as an approved provider of continuing education for licensed creative arts therapists. #CAT-0017