Engaging Telehealth Tips and Tricks for the Music Therapist
3 CMTE Credits- $75
THIS NEW CLASS IS AVAILABLE STARTING ON MARCH 1 2021!
In this online self study class with Stephen King MT-BC, you will learn the benefits of telehealth, the Covid 19 emergency guidelines, video platforms for telehealth and how to use them, and plenty of digital resources to help keep your sessions engaging. You will not only be able to run virtual sessions, but know how to keep your clients engaged during telehealth video sessions and coming back for more the following week!
This course will be released for viewing by March 1, 2021.
Learning Objectives and Domain Areas
Upon completion of this course you will be able to:
- Describe the HHS / HIPPA Discretionary Enforcement Guideline during Covid19 Emergency. (I Safety, V, B, Professional Responsibility)
- List 3 Video platforms for Telehealth Video Sessions (III, A, 5, X: integrate current technology into music therapy practice according to client need.)
- Demonstrate the ability to schedule and start a zoom or Google meeting. (III, A,1: Develop a therapeutic relationship by…)
- List at least 2 digital resources that may be helpful during Telehealth sessions.(V, A, 7: develop and enhance technology skills)
- Demonstrate the use of Google Slides while screen sharing.(V, A, 7: develop and enhance technology skills)
|5 minutes||Overview and Introduction|
|5 minutes||HHS & HIPPA Discretionary Enforcement during the Covid19 Emergency|
|15 minutes||Platform Introductions: Zoom, Google MEET (Duo, Skype for Biz), Cisco Webex, Microsoft Teams, Facebook messenger – Privacy Alert, Facetime – Privacy and Exclusivity Alert|
|20 minutes||Zoom Intensive|
|20 minutes||Google Meet intensive|
|15 minutes||Audio Visual Technology Intensive|
|5 minutes||Tech Tools for Interventions Overview|
|20 minutes||Nearpod Intensive|
|20 minutes||Google Slides (moveable objects) Intensive|
|20 minutes||SoundTrap (online music collaboration) Intensive|
|10 minutes||Screen Share with Annotation|
155 minutes total for 3 CMTE credits.
Engaging Telehealth Tips and Tricks for the Music Therapist is approved by the Certification Board for Music Therapists (CBMT) for 3 CMTEs-Continuing Music Therapy Education credits.The Spiegel Academy, CBMT Approved Provider #P-106, maintains responsibility for program quality and adherence to CBMT policies and criteria.